We are delighted to announce that Brian Dunphy from The High Kings will be a very special guest MC on the day of the festival!
Please find our Programme of Events for the festival on the Following Link http://www.tarahighkingsfestival.ie/userfiles/files/page%2016.pdf
If anyone would be interested in having a market/craft stall at the Tara High Kings Festival, we would perfer that the stalls are in keeping with the Celtic Heritage theme of the day. Please contact us on 046 902 7801 for more information.
On the day visitors will step back in time and be able to participate in the following at no additional cost:-
- Take part in the Archaeological Field School (Dig It)
- Tin Whistle and Bodhrán Workshops (we expect these to be popular - please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to sign up)
- Live Traditional Music and Dance from all around County Meath
- Art Workshops
- Face Painting
- Experience the Re-enactment Village and learn about life in days of olde
- See combat displays
- Birds of Prey
- Historical Education Tents
- Brandubh Celtic Chess Game
- Witness the Tara High Kings Tournament
- Bare witness to the crowning of a High King on the Hill of Tara.
......and many more
A 14ft diameter community drum we can all play together no experience needed. This is about having fun and coming together to create a new community around Ireland's largest drum. Uo to 25 people can play this drum at the same time. its for all ages. Our drummers will be there to show some easy beats and play some games with you so join us and share a new experience. We will also be drumming in the new High King or High Queen at 4:45pm, all welcome to join in.
ALL YOU NEED IS A HEARTBEAT AND A SMILE!
Drumming Times - 12pm - 2pm, 3pm to 4pm and 4:30pm - 5pm