Contest rules and selection criteria
The New High King of Tara must demonstrate his (or her) superiority to all other contestants in these qualities:
- Physical fitness and strength (some of the Na Fianna Challenges will be sporty)
- Leadership and influence in their local community
- Brain and brawn: proven accomplishment in their field
- Solidarity and involvement in their local community (charity, volunteering, philanthropy)
- Conviction and integrity
- All 13 final contestants must embody the three mottoes of Na Fianna
- Galine ar gcroi (purity of our hearts)
- Near tar ngeag (Strength of our limbs)
- Beart de reir ar mbriathar (Action to match our speech)
All open applications must be submitted through our web page, using the online application form, which includes the upload of a 3 minute video on youtube.
All partner organization applications must follow the organization’s own internal selection process. The organization will then nominate their candidates to the selection jury.
The selection jury will choose the final 13 contestants by applying their best judgement to choose those who best represent the selection criteria above. Evidence of support through web voting, likes and viral communication will be taken into account in the decision process.